The EIC, the leading trade association for UK companies that supply capital goods and services to the energy industries worldwide, will be taking Offshore Europe by storm this September through the hosting of 41 of its members within the EIC pavilion which consists of 669 square meters of prime exhibition space.
Offshore Europe is Europe’s largest oil & gas event and the world’s largest outside North America with the 2009 event seeing over 30,000 attendees from 94 countries and over 1,400 exhibiting companies. The EIC and its member companies will be exhibiting at Offshore Europe at stand B64 in Hall 3 and will also be hosting a press conference on the afternoon of Tuesday September 6th, where it will be launching EIC Consult, the latest service from the EIC. EIC Consult will provide market reports and bespoke consultancy, market research and business development services. To mark its launch, the EIC will also be providing the latest data on the offshore European oil & gas sector.
The EIC’s involvement in Offshore Europe this year comes at a time of growing optimism in the offshore European oil & gas sector. According to EICDataStream, the EIC’s global energy industry database of 8,500 energy projects worldwide, the UK and Norway are currently leading the way with the number of offshore projects, ahead of the US, Nigeria and Brazil.
Visitors to the EIC pavilion, which includes a private lounge area and an innovative branded design to attract delegates, will be able to see at first hand some of the leading products and solutions the UK supply chain is offering to the offshore sector. These include:
• The latest in valve solutions from Bifold Group, including its new Solenoid Valve Housing which can freely rotate 360°, thereby enabling easy cable layout and ease of connection wiring as well as saving space and installation time.
• Dale Power Solutions plc, who will be showcasing the latest high quality power solutions for the offshore sector, including its new Power Factor Corrected UPS which includes a highly efficient controllable battery test facility. The new system will enable the recovery of battery discharge energy back into the power network, avoiding the logistical expense of bulky load banks offshore.
• The demonstration of DPS Global’s portfolio of process technologies to help with the treatment of increasing water cuts and the management and removal of sand – both increasingly important in the maturing fields of the North Sea. Solutions include a new centrifuge/five phase separator for which DPS is now seeking trial sites.
• The latest fire protection equipment from Mech-Tool Engineering Ltd, including Safewrap - a modern, wire-free, easy to install jet fire jacket system, designed for rapid installation around critical equipment.
• Oglaend System UK Ltd, who provide multi-discipline support systems for electrical cables, instrumentation, HVAC channels and piping. The company is continuing its global expansion with the recent setting up of new subsidiaries in the US and Russia. Oglaend System AS Norway has also concluded an agreement with the Norwegian company INKO Industri AS to take over the rights to manufacture and sell the INKO Industri AS product portfolio of tubing clamps.
• Imtex Controls, an international company and a leading specialist manufacturer and supplier of valve automation, monitoring, communication and control systems. IMTEX recently designed, manufactured and successfully tested a special prototype for an oil company in response to a Partial Stroke Test System problem at a large oilfield. The design is currently awaiting full adoption from the oil company concerned.
• And the latest in hazardous area light fittings from STL International Ltd, including its flagship product, the TNAML.
The EIC will also be using Offshore Europe to launch its new and enhanced EIC Procurement Guide 2012 – the authoritative directory on suppliers and contractors across the UK energy sector containing details on more than 2,000 companies. The guide can also be found online at www.the-eic.com/procurementguide.
“We are delighted to be at Offshore Europe again and showcasing the wide variety of solutions the UK supply chain has to offer,” said Mike Major, the EIC’s Chief Executive. “With the North Sea continuing to see increased activity and operators – large and small – looking to increase returns from their assets, we look forward to helping our members showcase the very best in innovation and manufacturing excellence.”
“With our DataStream figures showing renewed optimism in the European offshore sector, we are looking forward to a busy show,” he concludes.
The other EIC members exhibiting at Offshore Europe include:
• Advanced Sensors Ltd, which was formed in 2005 to exploit the market need for a trouble free, zero maintenance oil in water analyser.
• AFL Telecommunications, providers of fibre optic solutions.
• AKD Engineering Ltd, who offer engineering, manufacturing and offshore services.
• Amarinth, who manufacture pumps for general industrial, chemical and petrochemical applications.
• AND Group Plc, who provide engineering and communication services to the marine and offshore sectors.
• BEL Valves, manufacturers of high integrity valves for the oil and gas industry.
• Beluga Shipping, providers of transportation, shipping and cargo.
• Bridon International, specialists in the manufacture of wire and rope solutions.
• Cape DBI Offshore Services, industrial service providers of vacuumation services and process pipe descaling.
• Air charter company, Chapman Freeborn Airchartering Ltd.
• Cleansorb Ltd, a biotechnology company developing products and technologies to improve performance of oil & gas production wells.
• Clyde Union Pumps Ltd, provider of high quality pumps and controls.
• CMP Products, designer and manufacturer of cable glands and cable connectors for industrial, marine and hazardous area installations.
• ContiTech Beattie, a fully owned subsidiary of ContiTech AG and the world's largest manufacturer of non-tyre rubber-based products.
• Cooper-Crouse Hinds (UK) Ltd, who manufacture explosion-protected switchgear, control stations, terminal boxes, distribution boards and luminaires.
• Corrocoat Ltd, who have been providing cost effective corrosion prevention and control methods and materials for 30 years.
• Darchem Engineering, providers of fire protection and high temperature insulation solutions for the offshore and nuclear markets.
• Detector Electronics UK Ltd, specialists in industrial hazard safety solutions.
• Express Electrical and Engineering Supplies Ltd, specialist distributors of cable identification products and cable accessories.
• Finning UK Ltd, the sole dealer of Caterpillar ® equipment, parts and service in the UK.
• Flexitallic Ltd, who manufacture and supply industrial static sealing products.
• Independent Forgings & Alloys Ltd, who manufacture open die forgings, rolled rings, precision bars, heat treatment and machined components.
• Jee Ltd, an engineering company specialising in high-calibre pipeline, riser and subsea engineering services.
• KnowsleySK Ltd, who design and manufacture fire fighting systems and equipment.
• Koso Kent Introl, who specialise in the supply of standard service control valves, severe service control valves, high-technology surface choke valves and high-performance rotary valves.
• Legrand Electric Ltd, who manufacture cable ladder, cable tray, steel wire tray, PVC tray, channel support system, steel and aluminium trunking.
• Worldwide energy recruitment website, Oilcareers Ltd.
• International assembling distributor, PEI Genesis UK Ltd.
• Rota Engineering, who provide position tranducers, electrical connectors and cable assemblies.
• Roxtec, who offer user-friendly sealing solutions for cables and pipes, covering all the safety needs in the OEM industry.
• Scopus Engineering Ltd, who provide dimensional control and laser scanning services.
• Synectics Industrial Systems, a leader with over 20 years of experience in integrated CCTV systems for oil, gas, marine and hazardous environments.
• Vantrunk who, founded in the 1960’s, was the first UK company to manufacture and supply cable ladder products.
• And finally Welding Units (UK) Ltd, who design and manufacture pipeline connectors.