FOGL report the Loligo exploration well 42/07-01 was spudded on Friday 3 August 2012. The well is located approximately 200 km east of the Falkland Islands.
FOGL is the operator of the well, holding a 75% interest, together with its joint venture partner Edison International Spa, who hold the remaining 25% interest in licence PL028. It is the first of a two well exploration programme using the Leiv Eriksson semi submersible drilling rig.
The well is designed to test the Loligo Complex, which is a large Tertiary aged stratigraphic trap with multiple reservoir objectives.