Scandoil  

Canacol Energy encounters 133 feet of net oil pay in the Leono 1 exploration well in Colombia


Published Dec 3, 2013
Canacol Energy Ltd.

Canacol Energy Ltd. announce the results of the Leono 1 exploration well drilled on the LLA23 Exploration and Production ("E&P") contract located in the Llanos Basin of Colombia. Leono 1 is the second A3 exploration well the Corporation has drilled on the LLA23 contract following the Labrador discovery announced in late calendar 2012. The Corporation has an 80% operated working interest on the LLA23 contract with the other 20% interest held by Petromont S.A. Sucursal Colombia. The Leon 1 encountered 133 feet ("ft") of net oil pay within 4 different reservoirs, and the Corporation is currently preparing to conduct a series of production tests on the discovery.

Charle Gamba, President and CEO of the Corporation commented, "Leono 1 is a significant success for the Corporation, our second in a row on the LLA23 block after the Labrador discovery drilled late last year. The thickness of the net oil pay section at Leono 1 is approximately twice that of Labrador, and rivals that of Rancho Hermoso, making Leono a major development project for the Corporation in calendar 2014.

Tags: Canacol Energy Inc.




Advertisment:

Add a Comment to this Article

Please be civil. Job and promotion will not be added into the comment page.

(Use Markdown for formatting.)

This question helps prevent spam:

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
Top Stories

 

 

 

 


 


RSS

RSS
Newsletter
Newsletter
Mobile News
Mobile news

Computer
Our news on
your website


Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

Contact
Contact
Tips
Do you have any
tips to us
Stats

 

sitemap xml