Scandoil  

Europa Oil & Gas signs farm-out of Tarbes permit in France


Published Feb 17, 2015
Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc

Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc has signed a Farm-Out Agreement (‘FOA’) in relation to its 100% owned Tarbes Val d’Adour Permit (‘Tarbes’) onshore France with Vermilion REP SAS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vermilion Energy Inc (‘Vermilion’) a Calgary, Alberta based international oil and gas producer.

Tarbes has previously produced oil from two fields and is located in the Aquitaine basin close to the giant Lacq - Meillon gas fields. This update is in line with Europa’s strategy to advance and monetise its multi-stage portfolio of licences.

• Under the terms of the FOA, Vermilion acquires an 80% interest in, and operatorship of, Tarbes with Europa holding the remaining 20% interest. • Should Vermilion decide to proceed with exploration activities, they will assume 100% ofthe cost of an optional work programme, which may include seismicacquisition/reprocessing and drilling operations up to a total of €4.65 million. Once costs above this level are incurred, Europa will be responsible for its 20% share of future work programme costs • Tarbes contains several oil accumulations that were previously licensed by Elf but were abandoned in 1985 due to a combination oftechnical issues and low oil prices. Twofields, Jacque and Osmets, were drilled using vertical wells and generated modestproduction. • The FOA is subject to the relevant approvals being granted by the French authorities – forthe transfer of equity and operatorship to Vermilion and obtaining an extension for thepermit. Both these approvals processes have already started.

Tags: Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc




Advertisment:

Add a Comment to this Article

Please be civil. Job and promotion will not be added into the comment page.

(Use Markdown for formatting.)

This question helps prevent spam:

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
Top Stories

 

 

 

 


 


RSS

RSS
Newsletter
Newsletter
Mobile News
Mobile news

Computer
Our news on
your website


Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

Contact
Contact
Tips
Do you have any
tips to us
Stats

 

sitemap xml