Scandoil  

Hydrocarb Energy and partners to drill exploration well in mid-October


Published Sep 2, 2015
Hydrocarb Energy Corporation-4

Hydrocarb Energy Corporation is anticipating mobilizing a drilling rig to Galveston Bay State Tract 259 to drill an exploration well in mid-October. The North Eagle Bay ST 259 #1 well is a high-impact exploration well in which Hydrocarb's subsidiary, Galveston Bay Energy, has Operatorship and a 5 percent interest. WR Production, LLC holds the remaining 95% along with industry partners.

This well is targeting a net unrisked prospective resource best estimate of 24.7 million barrels oil and 102.6 BCF gas. The ST 259 #1, at a planned total measured depth of 14,800 feet, is designated to test the presence of hydrocarbon accumulations in 6 Oligocene reservoirs.

The drill location is four miles north of the productive Eagle Bay Field, which has produced from the target reservoirs. The prospect is defined as an Oligocene age faulted with 4-way dip closure.

A successful result would open up a new round of exploration activity in Galveston Bay. Hydrocarb Energy Corporation holds 18000+ acres by production in the Galveston Bay Texas area.

Tags: Hydrocarb Energy Corporation




Advertisment:

Add a Comment to this Article

Please be civil. Job and promotion will not be added into the comment page.

(Use Markdown for formatting.)

This question helps prevent spam:

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
Top Stories

 

 

 

 


 


RSS

RSS
Newsletter
Newsletter
Mobile News
Mobile news

Computer
Our news on
your website


Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

Contact
Contact
Tips
Do you have any
tips to us
Stats

 

sitemap xml