Scandoil  

Northcote Energy commences operations at Lutcher Moore #20 well


Published Jul 1, 2015
Northcote Energy

Northcote Energy says that the drilling crew is on-site and operations have now commenced at its planned Lutcher Moore ('LM') #20 well targeting the Frio formation on its 70% owned Shoats Creek project. The well will be drilled to a total depth of approximately 5,500 feet. The Company will provide further updates as LM #20 reaches certain drilling, testing and completion milestones.

LM #20 is being drilled as a twin to the LM #16, located on the existing LM #16 pad site. Northcote made the decision to twin this well due to the fact that the LM #16 well, was suspected to have had casing failure, causing water to rapidly increase and stifling hydrocarbon production that was nearly 100 BOPD when it stopped producing in 1984.

Northcote has taken advantage of the opportunity to increase its interest by 23% to 93% in LM#20 and a third party has acquired the remaining 7% interest. The opportunity arose due to financial difficulties experienced by Northcote's 30% partner in the well.

Tags: Northcote Energy




Advertisment:

Add a Comment to this Article

Please be civil. Job and promotion will not be added into the comment page.

(Use Markdown for formatting.)

This question helps prevent spam:

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
Top Stories

 

 

 

 


 


RSS

RSS
Newsletter
Newsletter
Mobile News
Mobile news

Computer
Our news on
your website


Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

Contact
Contact
Tips
Do you have any
tips to us
Stats

 

sitemap xml