Northern Petroleum provides the following update regarding drilling and operational activities in north west Alberta, Canada.
• Drilling operations commenced on revised single well winter drilling programme on 5 January
• Well 102/11-30 is targeting a different reef to those previously drilled by the Company
• Results of post summer drilling subsurface review used to optimise drilling location to target a higher production and recovery well
• Results expected in early February
• Tie-in of high rate well from the summer campaign, 102/15-23, completed on 23 December 2014
• Total production from the Company's Canadian operations exceeded 500 barrels of oil per day ("bopd") on 27 December 2014
• Production range from the beginning of February expected to be 400 - 550 bopd, subject to a final review of the tie-in of other wells and excluding any contribution from 102/11-30