Scandoil.com

KCA Deutag rig to find Petroceltic Algeria trove


Published Jan 29, 2009
KCA DEUTAG's rig T-505

Dublin-based Petroceltic International has signed KCA Deutag to a land-rig contract for the oil company’s seven-well Algerian drilling and testing campaign in the Isarene permit.

A new T-212 rig en route from Germany will appraise gas and oil discoveries already made on the license by Petroceltic and previous operators.

The drill-bit programme is expected to take up to 10 months with funding from the $55 million investment in Petroceltic by Spanish energy company Iberdrola in June 2008.

Petroceltic holds a 75 percent stake in Isarene with Algerian state champion Sonatrach, holder of the remaining 25 per cent.

Petroceltic is about to receive the first $7.3 million dollar advance from Iberdrola with expectations of a drill start in April.

Tags: KCA DEUTAG, Petroceltic International plc




   

Add a Comment to this Article

Please be civil. Job and promotion will not be added into the comment page.

(Use Markdown for formatting.)

This question helps prevent spam:

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
Top Stories

 

 

 

 


 


RSS

RSS
Newsletter
Newsletter
Mobile News
Mobile news

Computer
Our news on
your website


Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

Contact
Contact
Tips
Do you have any
tips to us

 

sitemap xml


 

Home