Technip has been awarded a subsea contract by Woodside to support the development of the Greater Enfield Project offshoreWestern Australia, at a water depth comprised between 340 and 850 meters.
The contract covers project management, design, engineering, procurement, installation and pre-commissioning (EPIC) of:
- Carbon steel production flowline, carbon steel water injection flowline, flexible risers and flowlines totaling 82.2 km.
- 38.9 km of umbilicals (dynamic and static).
- Subsea structures and valves.
- Multi-phase pump system (transport and installation).
Technip’s operating center in Perth, Australia will execute the contract with support from Technip’s Asia Pacific Subsea Hub in the Kuala Lumpur office in Malaysia, and office in Chennai, India.
The Group will leverage its unique subsea integrated approach from fabrication to installation:
- The flexible pipes will be manufactured in Asiaflex Products, Technip’s manufacturing plant in Tanjung Langsat, Johor, Malaysia.
- The umbilicals will be supplied by Technip Umbilicals’ facility located in Newcastle, UK.
- The offshore installation will be using several vessels from Technip’s fleet and is scheduled for completion in 2018.
Arnaud Pieton, President of Technip in Asia Pacific, comments, “We are very pleased to have been awarded this large contract by Woodside in this competitive business environment, in addition to demonstrating Technip’s leadership and long term presence in Australia and Asia Pacific.”