Scandoil  

Entek Energy spuds McKee 5-16 exploration well


Published Aug 12, 2015
Entek Energy - McKee 5-16-H1 well

Entek Energy Limited spuds the McKee 5-16-H1 well on 7 August 2015 in the US. The McKee 5-16 well is the second of three wells planned to be drilled and tested this year by the Operator of the Battle Mountain AMI, GRMR. Entek owns a 20% working interest in the Battle Mountain AMI and related leases, with GRMR holding the remaining 80%.

The McKee 5-16 well is located in the southern part of the Battle Mountain 3D seismic survey and is to be drilled as a horizontal well aimed to intersect naturally fractured fault zones within the Niobrara oil bearing formation. The target measured depth of the well is around 10,400 feet which includes a horizontal section of approximately 4,000 feet. On 9 August 2015 in the US the well had reached a depth of 1,838 feet where surface casing is currently being run and cemented.

Learnings from the drilling of the Cobb 12-7 well (both operational and geological) will be applied to the drilling of the McKee 5-16 well in order to avoid similar potential hole problems in the Niobrara target section.

Tags: Entek Energy Limited




Advertisment:

Add a Comment to this Article

Please be civil. Job and promotion will not be added into the comment page.

(Use Markdown for formatting.)

This question helps prevent spam:

+ Larger Font | + Smaller Font
Top Stories

 

 

 

 


 


RSS

RSS
Newsletter
Newsletter
Mobile News
Mobile news

Computer
Our news on
your website


Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter

Contact
Contact
Tips
Do you have any
tips to us
Stats

 

sitemap xml